Hey guys, sorry I haven’t posted in a while. College has been amazing this semester for the 3 weeks I’ve been here, but also quite busy. A lot has changed this year and I feel that if someone took me aside and had seen into my future of my sophomore year, I wouldn’t believe half the stuff they said. Also…why yes, yes I am basically bragging and talking about my accomplishments/why my life is great now. But I will admit that in senior year of high school I was not in a great place. I was not a happy, confident, warm person because I was going through a dark uncertain time and now that I’m surrounded by great people and way happier and stronger than I’ve ever been, yes..I do believe I have earned bragging rights!
- If you told me I was going to have great friends at college who I see several times a week, I would’ve thought it was too good to be true.
- If you told me I had spent last night being welcomed by my new Gamma Phi Beta sisters, I would have thought there was no possible way that I’d be in a sorority (before discovering how truly awesome my school’s Greek Life is!)..let alone get in to a sorority..
- If you told me I was going to be president of a student org I would laughed and said there is no way I have the leadership skills.
- If you told me I was going to be a vegetarian ukulele player I would have sighed and said “if only that was true..”.
- If you told me I was going to make the Dean’s list my freshman year, I would have denied that I had it in me.
- If you told me about the loved ones deaths, roommate craziness, relationship drama, and other hard times I was about to face in my 19th year..I would have been terrified and not believed that I had the strength to get through it.
- If you told me that I was going to spend the summer getting paid to take care of dogs, I would have said “yeah right” and felt it was way too good to be true.
So in conclusion..I am not the same person I was when my parents dropped me off to college. Many people have noticed I’ve changed for the better and that my smile is brighter and I have a poised confidence about me that wasn’t really there before. I hope to continue making awesome memories, and having strength to conquer not-so-awesome memories my sophomore year.